Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

Leah,

>I would normally not respond to this type of post.  However, I must
>take exception to it in that it refers to me.  I would like to know
>when I have broken the rules and to what post you referred your
>targeted remarks.
>
>I believe I objected to the banning of Dave Crocker in light of the
>common nature of his post and that the best method to rid onesself
>of unwanted posts is the "delete" key.  I believe I also said that
>parody of names is somewhat better than out and out slander or
>some of the more angry posts we have seen.
>
>Would you please explain to me where you were headed with your
>reference to me and whether you think perhaps it might have been
>in error?

This looks like the famous "Who's on first?" to me.

>From my point of view, since you address this to me, I mentioned your post
in the reply to Kevin, saying that when he was quoting Eric thinking that
the statement he (Eric) made was against Dave Crocker, in reality I
understood it as a remark on Andy Gardiner (and follow-up post from you).

As this thread develops, the analogy with the Marx' gag (and before somebody
starts on politics, let me say that I mean the brother Marx, i.e. Chico,
Harpo and Groucho, not Karl {by Karl I mean Karl Marx, not Karl Auerbach,
just in case}) gets more evident.

Anyway, I never objected to your posting, I just said that Eric Weisberg was
referring to you and Andy in
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg00183.html, not to Dave.
Which I believe is a correct interpretation, cross-checking with
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg00176.html and
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg00177.html.

This said, since you ask, let me tell you that IMHO to call people "paid
disruptors" is far from expressing just a "personal comment on one's
politics and/or motives", as you claim in
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg00223.html.

Should you be suspended for this?
Not at all (and to the best of my knowledge you weren't).

Was it appropriate to point out that that's not the best way to conduct
business on the GA list?
Yes. Probably useless, as this will not stop this saga from going on, but
highly appropriate.

I hope it clears up the matter.

Regards
Roberto