From: Peter de Blanc [mailto:pdeblanc@usvi.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 7:46 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

Hello all.

Several weeks ago, a newspaper reporter asked me to "clarify" some
information about ICANN, and the "bottom-up, consensus-based process" we use
to arrive at recommendations for global internet policy.

I gave him, as a reference, some GA archives.

Now there is another call (which I have not returned yet) asking me if "this
stuff" on the list is really the basis for internet governance.

What can I say?

That is a rhetorical question.

Is it possible for this list to focus on substantive internet policy?

I really would hope so, aqnd i would hope that those on this list realize
that the media is watching (or at least reading).

Peter de Blanc
(chair, ccTLD AdCom, and ccTLD NC rep)