Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

This is probably a waste of one of my five posts for the day.
However, I take exception to complaints regarding an individual's
personal opinion about politics within the ICANN framework.  It is
one thing to call a person names.  It is quite another to make a
personal comment on one's politics and/or motives.  There are
constant political statements made on this list.  That's a large part
of dealing with the policies in ICANN.

I think we're drawing a line in the sand with this interpretation of list
rules.  I also think there could be a backlash from silencing political
free speech which is what those two statements were, IMHO.

I sincerely hope this list will not go the way of censorship.  If it
does, half the posters would have to be banned for making political
comments.

Leah