Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

At 19:44 05.04.2001 -0400, JandL wrote:
>I would normally not respond to this type of post.  However, I must
>take exception to it in that it refers to me.  I would like to know
>when I have broken the rules and to what post you referred your
>targeted remarks.

The following two sentences have been complained about:

You: (jandl)
 >Personally, I believe that the duo are paid disrupters who do a good
 >job at their intended purpose.

Andy:
 >The place just wouldn't be the same without the C&C Propaganda Factory to
 >entertain us with their blind support of the party line.

In the judgment of the list monitor, both are inflammatory personal
attacks, and serve no purpose except to raise the temperature of the list.

The list monitor has decided that he will issue a warning (for once, ON the
list); the list monitor will have a new person in the appeals chain in a
few days, and wants to consult with that person. But I judge these
statements to be well outside what is permitted by list rules.

             Harald Alvestrand
             Speaking as list monitor