Re: [ga] Another Resignation

Mark and all Assembly members Remaining,

Mark Measday wrote:

> I share your dislike of censorship. However, social behaviour is such that people will not listen to an unwanted message more than they have to.

  This is fine.  Then they can INDIVIDUALLY filter out what they don't want to
read or listen to.

> It is unfair, perhaps, but presumably gives hard-pressed INEGroup personnel, amongst others, a chance to define more succinctly their policy positions on some of the substantive contributions from Mssrs Crocker, Crispin, Weinberg and
> others recently received.

  We have already done this on many occasions.  That is well documented as well.
It is a matter of reviewing our positions, noting more in regards to CENSORSHIP
and list rules.  David Jenson outlined what we felt was a reasonable compromise
position, as did others.  Harald, Roberto, and the DNSO List Admin., and I
suppose the illegitimate NC ignored it.

> Mr Auerbach's proposal that the ga constitute itself as a audit function of DNSO and relevant ICANN proceedings also had extreme merit, in my view. I had hoped that Mr Gaetano's Chair would constitute an agenda,. recruit representatives for the Cairo meeting etc, but this does not seem to have happened yet.

  ANd it is not likely to happen either.  A s our spokesman Jeff Williams
would say, and I believe rightly so as well, that without $$ this is not
viable.

> Presumably it is reasonably easy for you to forward interesting posts to Mr Williams' attention and vice versa he can ask you to post on his behalf, so the inconvenience is not absolute.

  It is not a matter of conveyance, it is a matter of principal.  If you act in an
unprincipled and improper manner, you cannot expect to garner or engender
trust in the process, not to mention the leaders, or espoused leaders.  The
former predicates the latter.

> James Touton wrote:
>
> > Mark and all assembly members remaining,
> >
> >   Jeff Williams should have never been CENSORED.  CENSORSHIP
> > IN ANY OF ITS FORM IS WRONG!  The reasons that Harald gave
> > were indeed improper and without merit, not to mention not publicly
> > supportable.  It is therefore just a LIST GAME that Harald is playing.
> > His own private post to Jeff, of which I have copies clearly indicate
> > he, Harald, intended all along to yet again CENSOR Jeff, and likely
> > Joe Baptista as well.
> >
> > Mark Measday wrote:
> >
> > > Harald, Elisabeth,
> > >
> > > Would it be dedramatising to ask how many days it is until Mr Williams is restored to the list?

James Touton
Legal and Policy Advisory Council,
INEGRoup (Stakeholder)