[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] Re: A Fairer Set of Rules, Anyone?

Patrick and all,

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Jeff
>
> > Rule #1.  There are no list rules, their are guidelines.
> > Rule #2 Banning from the list is prohibited unless it is SPAM.
> > Rule #3.  All guidelines are no mandatory but are highly recommended.
> > Rule #4. Filtering will not be done by the list admin. but is a suggested
> >               approach to those that wish not to read some list
> subscribers
> >                posts.
>
> That's not four rules but one only.

  Incorrect.  It is four separate rules, and the 1st one says that the RULE'S
are guidelines.  The other three are RULES, not guidelines...  Hence
again you interpreted what I posted as potential rules, which you requested
of me to do, in your own view.  That is not legitimate nor reasonable.

> - snip -
>
> > > Meanwhile the remaining List Monitors will enforce what we have.
> > > To the best of their ability.
> >
> >   Ok as long as you understand that that at best is arbitrary and
> > illegitimate...
>
> Says who?

  The members of this assembly on many occasions...  (See relevant
archives for further information going back to june of 2000)

> > > Meanwhile, I suggest that with three monitors we go for a majority vote.
> > > Two out of three gets a person suspended.  Comments anyone?
> >
> > Nope. If there are only three it should be unanimous or the list
> > participants to be fair.  Or the list participants must vote to determine
> > by majority vote on any action taken.
>
> Why should THREE people be fair and TWO people not fair?

It wouldn't.  I said that THREE people would not be fair...

>  That means that
> FOUR people will be fairer.  And FIVE fairer still.  Why not everybody on
> the GA?

  Yes everybody on the GA is appropriate in a VOTE which was what I
said (See above)...

> That's the fairest solution of them all.

  Right!  I think we have an agreement???

> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.