Re: petty and ridiculous - Re: [ga] [Admin] Suspension of Dierker, Fleming, Walsh, Williams

Derek and all assembly members,

  I agree.  The GA also suffers from a number of personalities that
hold vendettas against other participants.  The Alt-Chair is one
such example.

Derek Conant wrote:

> In my opinion, the GA suffers from its lack of direction and its inability to
> focus on significant subject matter.  This is in part due to the primary
> participants refusal to properly organize coupled with certain of their
> immaterial email postings and distractions.
>
> The paradox is that the current problems within the GA cannot be cured by
> suspending the primary participants.  The primary participants need to get
> their acts together and properly organize.  I have explained this in previous
> posts and suggested fundamentals toward a cure.  The alternative is that we
> all sit here and wait until more people get involved that can understand this
> and vote this 'mess' out.  There are not enough participants in the GA to
> demand suspension of the primary participants.  The suspensions are
> effectively silencing and killing the GA.
>
> The GA appears most productive at being a comedy show.  Show me where those
> who have been suspended were harming or inhibiting any GA agenda.  I suggest
> removing the suspensions immediately and let the show go on.
>
> Derek Conant
> DNSGA President and Chairman
>
> "William S. Lovell" wrote:
>
> > Mr. Conant characterizes his own email by his subject line. A very,
> > VERY long history of ICANN in general and the GA in particular
> > -- a history in which one one may leave one hand in one's pocket
> > to count all the things that the GA has accomplished -- has shown
> > irrefutably that what has prevented the GA from doing anything has
> > been its anarchic, chaotic manner of operation.  Throwing stones
> > (or little pebbles in this case) at one of a very few mechanisms for
> > putting an end to that chaos merely adds to it. The monitors are
> > to be commended for their action, in face of the almost inevitable
> > event that such action would bring out all the pebble throwers.
> >
> > As should be those who were suspended.  So far, I've seen these
> > suspensions accepted with refreshing good grace --  more grace,
> > I might add, than is shown by Mr. Conant with his flights of highly
> > insulting fancy.  (Mr. Walsh objects to the rather late imposition,
> > and he may very well have a valid point, although I suspect that
> > the answer might be that the monitors have "day jobs" too.)
> >
> > Bill Lovell
> >
> > Derek Conant wrote:
> >
> > > GA No Tolerance Policy - petty and ridiculous.
> > >
> > > Dierker, Fleming, Walsh, Williams, cool it now, the way the GA list
> > > monitors are running things here you'll probably get jail-time the next
> > > time they decide to punish you.  Who decides the punishment in this case
> > > and what are the statue of limitations for alleged violations anyway?
> > > This is laughable.  It looks like you better be careful with what you
> > > say next time.  I don't believe the allegations warranted suspension.
> > >
> > > Derek Conant
> > > DNSGA President and Chairman

> > --
> > Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827