Re: [ga] Asking Patrick to take over for a while

Dear Eric

I was very moved by your email (see below).  In fact, a number of your
emails have raised issues in a provocative way which some people find
endearing and others disturbing.  That is simply a matter of style and of no
consequence to any of the list monitors.

 In fact, they are sensible and sensitive people who try their best to give
effect to the list rules as honestly as they know how.

Despite comments to the contrary, it has never been the intention of the
list monitors to curb free expression.  Their objective is always to provide
a proper environment for debate .  In this case the list monitors determined
that your postings crossed the fine line between rhetoric and abuse.

However you have since apologised and I find your comments quite genuine
as an expression of regret.  As Acting Chair, I therefore allow your appeal
against suspension.   I am sending a copy of this post to the DNSO
Secretariat to restore your posting privileges forthwith.  Depending on her
availability (online, asleep, etc) this should occur within a few hours.

Please note that this does not mean that I find *against* the list monitors.
Merely that your sincerity in offering a better, more civil approach is most
appreciated.  I thank you personally as I do not wish to lose your input.

I hope you will not consider me discourteous if I urge you and all other
members of the list to take special care when referencing any identifiable
person -- by name or otherwise.  Perhaps we can all be more considerate.

Welcome back to the list.  I look forward to a happy, fruitful and courteous
relationship.

Best Regards
Patrick Corliss
Acting Chair