Re: [ga] Consensus

Dear Mr. Heath,

There is no question on consensus, and thank you for pointing that out.  During
discussions we get a feel for what is becoming a good feel.  Some one or several
draft a motion and or opposing motions.  We argue about them and hone the
concepts. (Joanna, Harald, Danny, Sotitiris and the like do the hard work in
drafting and my hat is off those fine folks and I am trying to contribute
likewise) Then we vote in an informal to very formal online process depending on
the gravity.  This type of vote is not a winner/loser vote but merely a method
of documenting the consensus which 90% follows the proposal, because it was
garnered through open and transparent discussion.

{as a challenge I ask anyone to find more than five proposals that actually got
to motions that failed & find three passed motions that supported action finally
taken by the board  -- You have to look through all the WG and Task force
archives, I found 2 & 1 respectively -- NC approval is not board so leave Chair
type voting out.}

Regardless of a few outspoken anti-dotcommoners when things come to a vote it is
because hardworking folks propose it out of a sense of right, and we witness
statistics of consensus.  Watch closely who opposes voting and you will see who
does not want verifiable statistics of consensus.  Joop is our point of light in
this regard, he loves to hear what the people really think and document it.

ERIC