[ga-full] Re: [aso-policy] RE: [aso-comment] IP address holders - are they represented?

David R. Conrad wrote:

> I'm curious: have you complained to the FCC about not having democratic
> representation in the allocation of E.164 addresses to end users?  How 'bout
> to the IEEE in the allocation of 802.3 addresses?

David Schutt's intelligent reply to this just about says it all. I
would only add that the relinquishment of democratic rights in one
area of communications, even if it were true, is hardly a good
argument for relinquishing them in all other areas. If your argument
were sound, we might as well abandon the democratic ideal altogether
and turn over our lives to the dictators. Is that what you'd like to
see?