[ga-full] Re: [aso-policy] RE: [aso-comment] IP address holders - are they represented?

mike.norris@heanet.ie wrote:

> That's a rather sweeping dismissal and ignores what I said in the
> earlier part of my mail about the open processes of policy formation
> and representation in at least one region.

I believe that it is a simple statement of the objective reality. As
to RIPE having a mechanism for representative democracy, even if it
is true it doesn't translate into either the ASO or ICANN. The ASO
has three directors on the ICANN board; can IP address users (ISPs,
network admins, etc.) elect them or be them? If not, then there is
no representative democracy and no bottom up process in ICANN.
Really, it's just as simple as that.