Re: [wg-c] CONSENSUS CALLS -- THIS IS IT

At 16:47 11.04.2000 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>James Seng, who's the co-chair of the IETF IDN WG, wrote to me that in
>his view the WG is on track to finish its work by July.  If we suggest a
>DNSO WG now, as a practical matter the NC won't act on it until the
>Yokohama meeting (that is, July).  So I've been figuring that the technical
>work *will* precede the policy work.
James' schedule is for the current IDN work, which includes setting
requirements and evaluating current proposals.
I suspect that we need some work after that to get a working technical
proposal.
That said, it is good to have the Names Council indicate that they are
going to support a single, standards-based solution to this. So the issue
should be placed on their table.

                     Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no