Re: [wg-c] Proposed gTLDs: The IAHC Seven

At 01:36 PM 4/10/00 -0700, Mark C. Langston wrote:

>Finally, would someone please produce the documents in which IANA
>blessed these various registries with the right to start registering
>domains within these TLDs?  I've asked a few times here, I believe,
>and haven't yet seen them.

I've only just got here. :-)

Here are two references:

CORE registrars were given permission by the POC:
http://www.gtld-mou.org/docs/faq.html#2.4

The Postel draft applicants were given "working documents" from IANA such
as this one:
http://www.iiia.org/lists/newdom/current/2269.html
"prior use. The registration entit(y/ies) have extended energy and effort
in devoting resources to ensure the proper deployment of said iTLD."

There are more documents out there. The newdom@ar.com archive appears to
have been overwritten by more recent messages, so I can't point you there
right now. Also, in a personal visit to IANA, I argued against charging for
pre-sales but got veto'd by Bill Manning (much to Chris Ambler's
amusement). Go figure.

Best Regards,

Simon

--