RE: [wg-c] Proposed gTLDs: The IAHC Seven

>There are more documents out there. The newdom@ar.com archive appears to
>have been overwritten by more recent messages, so I can't point you there
>right now. Also, in a personal visit to IANA, I argued against charging for
>pre-sales but got veto'd by Bill Manning (much to Chris Ambler's
>amusement). Go figure.

This, of course, is the permission that Crocker and Crispin so
adamantly insist was never given, and Walsh so adamantly insists
was given without authority to do so.

Ultimately, ICANN's decisions will take into account IANA's
previous actions, and ICANN's liability (or lack thereof) for
them. There's no use arguing them here (nor do I wish to do so
any longer), they'll either make a difference or they won't. I,
for one, am content to wait and see.

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web