Re: [wg-c] S/K principles [Was: Working Group C agenda]

I agree with Dave.

Even for chartered cTLDs it would be very complicated for a registry to
police the use of the gTLD worldwide and in many different languages. Even
if it was possible, the role of the registry would be considerably changed,
and its costs would be very different, raising the costs for the final users.

Enforcement of chartered gTLDs can only be done a-posteriori and based on
dispute resolution if any part considers that violation of the charter goes
against its interests.

I believe that any principles would have to be part of the gTLD's charter,
and specify in which cases the domain holder would lose the right to use
that domain for improper use.

Javier