RE: [wg-c] Working Group C agenda

At 10:04 AM 4/3/00 -0400, Winer, Jonathan wrote:
>At 11:14 30-03-2000 -0500, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> >         [1] Is it useful, as a general matter, for us to agree on some
>meaningful set of principles to guide the relevant ICANN body or process in

I vote yes.

>Re the Sheppard/Kleinman principles,
>
>         I endorse them, they are better than anything else anyone has
>offered to incorporate the various equities.

The principles cite laudable concerns.  Hence, they SEEM better than
anything else, until one tries to do something practical with them.

They lack any sort of means to be operationalized.  Hence they will
primarily serve as another platform for contention, with objectors to an
action hauling out the principles, claiming non-conformance.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA