Re: [wg-c] S/K principles [Was: Working Group C agenda]

Jon Winer writes:

[snip]
> This approach vitiates the question of whether the principles ...  have
> meaning.

Now there is a phrase one doesn't see every day. A cure for nothingness.

>          ... If they do not prove to have meaning in practice, what harm
> will have been done?

None, assuming that we are not laboring in an absurdly politicised field
of transparent, well-understood technical landmarks, and everyone is on
their best behavior, wearing their Sunday-go-to-Church suits.

It was before Jon Winer's time, but one of the funnier moments in the life
of WG-C was when a Harvard 1L dropped in last Fall (LA meeting period) and
announced with a straight face that ignorance was an adequate basis to make
an objective judgement of the contending positions (she picked B whch gave
Milt a flutter. This had a second level of humor as Milt's position is in
essence that nothing can (or should) be known, as the Market-Will-Provide).

Now, if you get Phil to add one harmless little principle, the "Early Picasso
Principle", that all new gTLDs must be colored _blue_, then I'll take a new
interest in things that don't mean anything and couldn't hurt if they did.

Kitakitamatsino,
Eric

P.S. Welcome back Javier!!!