Re: [wg-c] registry contracts

> Have you read the FTC report, Eric?  The one prepared by expert economists
> who actually hold degrees and know quite a bit about the subject at hand?
> Not a report prepared by someone with a rudimentary understanding, and a
> definite axe to grind?

Nope. I figured that Caroline has a better answer, hence my question to her.
You caught a response to Kent's response to the letter to Caroline. Besides,
fundamentally this is about running parking lot franchises for names. Gabe
Battista and James Rutt aren't luminaries, but if you want to suggest that
economists are required, let alone interesting reading, not ephemera, please
do. Besides, has jurisdiction settled to earth finally, somewhere inside the
Beltway? I'm a little vague on that one also, so feel free to make points on
that score as well.

I do have a question for you though William. Last time you lowered yourself
to my level you wrote "More productive contribution, eh Eric?". Both of my
modest and obviously wrong pieces that attracted your keen mind addressed
the issue of intra-operator competition tending towards extinguishment.

Is the real skinny that all the for-profit NewRegOpCos will "live and let
live"? That would be an absolute bar to consolidation and other minor
nuisances, wouldn't it? I seem to have missed the secret handshake.

As for grinding axes, I figure we're past all that. You guys won. When the
A Group folded on the issue of for-profits second, or only from prior and
established non-profits, it was all over. Non-profits, the whole public
trust arglebargle, a vastly harder sell than "think not, but profit", is
now a comic side-show.

The public trust "Indians" have been relocated to an area that suits them,
the deserving "Americans" can lay claim to the territorial capital and rich
bottom lands, just as soon as the flag drops. I should have guessed that an
"Oklahoma" reenactment would be the American choice, with everyone careful
to not seriously injure NSI's franchise, or believe in railroads, droughts,
Europeans or Asians.

The only bit I think useful or interesting is capital access related, for
which Roeland's recent is sufficient, and how long it takes this group of
merry zero-cap pioneers to flip from a free market to a necessary cartel
PR line. I'm really looking forward to the financial disclosures.

Cheers,
Eric