RE: [wg-c] position papers

On 11-Oct-99 Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> (Monday).  I strongly encourage each of you to figure out if you
> can join
> one (or more) of these position papers as signatories; remember

Jonathan and other WG members,

It has come to my attention that at least one position paper writer
is seeking and intending to obtain "signatories" to their position
paper from people who are not on this list, and have not directly
participating in the WGC process, in an attempt to make it appear
that their paper has the broadest support in the WG, when in fact
is may not.

Might I suggest that a formal notice be given that the WGC position
paper signatories be restricted to those who are currently members
of this Workgroup and that no outside "signatures" be forwarded as
a part of the WGC submission?

Any seconds?

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934