Re: [wg-c] Comments?

The point is that the cure shouldn't be worse than the diesease.

I made a very specific suggestion in the early days of this list about
starting with .web. That proposal is at
http://www.flywheel.com/ircw/wgc1plan.html. (I think the version in the
wgc-1 archives has fewer typos.)

Since that idea was so (un)popular, these days my thinking is going in a
very different direction-- .1000, .2000, .1010, .2010, .2020, etc. I'm
only guessing that it's legal (in a technical sense) to start a TLD with
a number.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of restricted TLDs. How do you pick out
who's in charge, and what deserves to be an rTLD? It seems to me like a
big can of worms. I don't think gTLDs really need a taxonomy, just more
suffixes that people don't have to get forced into using longer and
longer, more convulated SLD names as the existing TLDs saturate.

Craig Simon