Re: [wg-c] Re: cherry picking

On 15-Sep-99 Dave Crocker wrote:
>>Like CORE.
>
> Since The IAHC/POC/CORE work was sponsored by IANA and the MoU deriving
> from the IAHC work was signed by IANA, it will be fascinating to hear the
> logic which justifies declaring that work as independent of IANA.
>
> Of course, all of these details are publicly documented.  That continues to
> be a fundamental point of distinction from other claims to be put into the
> IANA-derived root.

It was still an independent effort, since IANA (or more appropriately Jon
Postel) was acting outside of the authority delegated to IANA. IANA did not
possess the authority to act independently in this fashion, as evidenced by the
fact that we are even here discussing this.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!