Re: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

> If you compare SABRE's travel reservation costs to their revenue, you will
> find that their transaction costs are close to $1.25. I suspect that even
> though NSIs model is somewhat close to this example that their transaction
> costs are much lower due to limited geographic dispersion and
comparatively
> low volumes.

To which I have to ask, "so what?"

There is no reason to regulate the cost of the registry when there is the
open market for anyone to open a registry. In a single-registry system,
like IAHC had proposed, yes - that would make sense. In a free
economy, with multiple registries, that is unnecessary regulation.

Thankfully, there is no way in hell that it would stand, so feel free
to discuss it all you want.

Christopher