Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 10:42:14PM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> Javier:
> Radio spectrum is far more "scarce" than domain name space.
> Yet governments around the world license private commercial businesses
> to give them exclusive control of a range of frequencies.

Governments of the world have rather more elaborate regulatory
resources at their disposal than does ICANN.  Governments have means
to enforce policies on the private commercial businesses that use
frequency space, ICANN's means are meager.

If ICANN grows to have the strength and effectiveness of government,
then you might have a point.  Perhaps we could revisit the issue when
and if that happens.