Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 01:46:40PM -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:
> Kent Said...
> > One can make arguments from the blind theory of supply and demand,
> > but in fact there are too many unknowns at this point to predict.
>
> You discount my assertion as such, but this also discounts the
> assertion that I was opposing. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not trying to have it both ways.  I'm merely trying to point out
that there is uncertainty.  You and Milton can make arguments based on
emotional committment or theory, respectively, but they mean very
little.  There is an indefinite field of exogenous factors that can
trump any of our arguments.  We can consider the US Congress as such
a factor, for example -- though it seems unlikely at this point,
ICANN could be squashed entirely.

> My point is that the country code TLDs aren't nearly in the same
> class as any new TLDs that registries will be able to select and
> market. Not even close.
>
> computers.inc and
> computers.web and
> computers.shop are all much more attractive than computers.to
> by any stretch of the imagination.

You have a remarkably puny imagination, then.