Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

> Your analogy is probably the weakest one I have seen on this list.
> Individual TLDs represent a scarce resource - burgers are not. There can
> only be one rader.com and one rader.web - the value of each, determined by
> the market. Creating additional TLDs, or divesting existing ones has no
> effect on the value of other TLDs.

There is no scarcity at all. With the allowed length of a domain name, there
is a functionally infinite number of TLDs that can be created. There can be
a radar.com, radar.web, radar.site, radar.detector, etc. Create enough TLDs,
and you eliminate the problem. Your assertion that creating additional
TLDs has no effect on the value of other TLDs is plainly wrong: the
value of computers.com approaches nil when there are 300 other TLDs
that can register the same name.

There can, however, be only on "Big Mac Hamburger Sandwich."

Christopher