Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 11:20:37AM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> > Kent:
> > Here's a scenario. Tell me if it addresses your concerns.
>
> No, it doesn't.  It would help, though, if you would trim your email
> messages to word wrap at something less than 80 columns.

Strange. It showed up in my computer wrapped at 65.

> In particular, of course, I don't believe ICANN should enable
> exclusive registries.  Nor do I think that registries should pick
> their TLDs -- I think that there should be many registries, but that
> they should  bid to run TLDs with fixed term renewable contracts.

I know that we don't agree about business models.I was thinking more of
the issue of whether you thought that kind of an implementation
timetable would be intrinsically threatening to trademark protection. I
am particularly interested in the issue of whether any reasonable
objection can be made to initially declaring that ICANN will add N
number of gTLDs over three years ad proceeding with that plan unless
some clearly defined criteria of failure are met.