Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

It is good to see someone trying to be reasonable.

Ken Stubbs wrote:

> it is truly a sad shame that more efforts here appear to be oriented towards
> trying to appoint and defend  "chair" & "co-chair"  positions of this
> working group than towards the achieving specific mandate of this group.

It's true (that it's a shame) of course. The problem is that the mandate of this
group cannot be achieved unless there is trust and a sense of fair play, and
consensus on some basic operating procedures. Until we know how the chair
situation is handled, trust, etc. cannot exist. So these preliminaries are not a
waste of time, they are necessary parts of getting underway

> you  know it might be best to just eliminate the chair position on these
> working groups and have the group appoint a spokesman whose job it is to
> present the consensus report for each group. i also strongly recommend that
> minority positions be allowed to place into the written record along with
> the consensus reports thier respective objections or concerns.

This would be acceptable to me.

> could i possibly have a humm.... on this

I am humming a few bars of "If I Had a Hammer."

--
m i l t o n   m u e l l e r // m u e l l e r @ s y r . e d u
syracuse university          http://istweb.syr.edu/~mueller/