Re: [wg-c] Let's work on...

Javier Sola wrote:
> Let's move on.
>
> It is clear that we are not going to reach an agreement on gTLD strings. I
> believe that your proposal is the best at this time. Let's work on how to
> choose gTLDs.

> Here is a rough first approach.

> [.....]

Javier,

You are the chair. When you propose something, people think you mean
business. I presume that you do not, and that this plan is just that,
another plan or proposal which is up for discussion.

Both on the who-decides part and on the method part there are strongly
differing opinions. It would be wrong to short circuit all the discussions
and move towards a decision on an arbitrary basis before the workgroup has
had enough time to discuss these differences.

Onno Hovers, MS/Ir, e-mail: onno@surfer.xs4all.nl
"He's dead Jim. You get his tricorder & I'll get his wallet."