Re: [wg-c] Let's work on...

Javier SOLA wrote:

> 1)
>    a)   Ideally, who decides should be the whole of Internet users, but
> this is sort of complicated.

Well, it is a complicated issue, but let's discuss it since it's a
critical factor in determining whether we truly are acting on behalf of
the Internet community.

One way to determine what the Internet community wants in gTLDs is
through the marketplace. Why isn't this sufficient?

>    c) A third possibility would be to consult with those involved in the
> process, that is, the DNSO.

I see the DNSO's role more closely resembling a vehicle for establishing
a way to come up with a process that empowers the Internet community to
use market forces to select gTLDs (in a manner that is technologically
feasible).

--

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law