Re: [wg-c] WG Chairs

On 22 July 1999, Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:

>Javier and all,
>
>My frustration is rising.
>While I was waiting to be admitted to this list and finally heard that I
>had to apply personally to Javier to be admitted, nominations were
>discussed for co-chair.
>I have politely asked who the nominees are and got no reply. Now I see the
>first vote coming in. Has voting started?  Can I please hear from someone,
>anyone, who the nominees are?
>Is the nomination period now closed?

Joop, I've also asked for a current and correct list of the nominees.
Javier stated he would handle this, and yet no list has been forthcoming.
We at least need to verify with the potential candidates that they are
in fact still standing.  There have been several withdrawls.

As far as I know, there is no vote coming in.  I've asked several times
that we discuss and establish voting procedures.  To date, I've posted
a procedure twice, and the only feedback I've had is that two people don't
want the vote to occur over the weekend.  I'm not foisting these procedures
on the group, they're supposed to be a proposal to be discussed, and
adopted by consensus.  So far, they've been ignored.

However, Mr. Sola called a nomination period, and defined a timespan.
It went unchallenged, and I assume that the silence was to be interpreted
as acceptance.  Given that, we really need to decide on some method for
electing the co-chair.

We also need to address the issue of the duties and responsibilities of
the chairs, which have yet to be defined.

Furthermore, we need to gather a pool of nominees for a Secretary, and
elect an individual to fulfill that role.

Finally, there is currently the question of the removal of Mr. Sola as
chair of this WG, which has been put to the group and seconded.

And we've got to do all of this before our report is due.  In fact, we
have to do it and get it out of the way so we can get down to business
so we can have something *to* report.

Why people keep ignoring the complete absence of any form of process
whatsoever in this group is deeply disturbing to me.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org