Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] Re: Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines and NCDNHC definition

On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 13:14:37 +0100, Jeff Williams
<jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>William and all,
>
>> No one is arguing the "legal validity" of the ICIIU's existance, but
>> its practical existance and credibility.
>
>  Bullhocky!
>

>> I could go and incorporate the "Comedian Domain Name Holders Congress"
>> tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that it has any validity in this
>> process.
>
>  Certainly such a constituency would have validity in this process, as would
>any constituency that represents a particular group of stakeholders that
>should so choose to construct a constituency.
>
>  I fact I was approached about a week ago now to put together a
>Adult domain name holders constituency, from some very influential
>adult oriented sites and entities.  I declined this offer, but did encourage
>them to put one together as they do represent a significant percentage
>of Domain names and Internet traffic of interest.

And it was appropriate for you to decline.  They would never be taken
seriously having a Pseudonym representing them who would never agree
to a face to face meeting.

The point Jeff, is that the mere creation of an organization doesn't
give you the rights or assumption of validity to represent that group.

Just because he incorporated the ICIIU doesn't give him any validity
to be a leader in the NCDNHC.  It takes more than a filing fee and
some fill in the blank forms to make a legitimate organization to
represent the needs of a section of this stakeholder community.

--
William X. Walsh william@dso.net
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go
crying to every time you have something
to whimper about.