Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] Re: Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines a nd NCDNHC definition

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 13:06:29 +0100, Jeff Williams
> <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >William and all,
> >
> >  I don't believe this matter is really any of your or my concern as it
> >directly relates to the NCDNHC and its approach to determining it's
> >leadership.  As you have just stated you are not interested in this
> >particular Constituency as you an not non-commercial.
>
> Again you don't know the facts.  I also have a non-commercial presence
> on the Internet, and work with a number of other non-commercial
> groups.

  Than you will need to choose which constituency you wish to belong to.
This is the nature of a constituency model to be built within the DNSO.
I completely disagree with it, but the ICANN Interim Board decided to
act in Singapore otherwise against the grain of consensus.  Hence you
have a situation that is by design, divisive, as I and many others have
pointed
our before and just after the Singapore conference.  So, as I said you are
going to have to decide which side of the fence you are going to stand
from a personal and a professional standpoint under this scheme.  Hence
as I said, you either are going to be part of the non-commercial
constituency(S)
or you are not.  If not than again as I said the non-commercial constituency

is none of your or my concern.

> I am MOST interested in this aspect.

  I am interested too. So what?  I am only interested to the degree that
I am non-commercial or believe that non-commercial Domain name
holders are beneficial to the commercial ones in some aspects.  I cannot
say in all honesty that I could or should join a non-commercial constituency

as I am not non-commercial in my business conducted on the Internet.
Given that, YOU should consider where you wish to stand.  And as such,
leave the leadership of the non-commercial domain name constituency
to those that are ONLY non-commercial in their presence on the internet
and the choice of who and how their leadership is to be determined.

> You will recall I have always been an advocate of policies that would
> permit a TLD to be operated by a non-profit organization offering free
> registration services, to compete for registrations along with the
> commercial model TLDs.

  Yes, and so what?

> I have been most active in non-commercial interests on the internet,
> and feel this constituency is vitally important, too important to be
> in the hands of Michael Sondow...I mean the ICIIU.... or the ISOC.

  Oh, YOU feel, huh?  Well that is fine and dandy!  Than join the NCDNHC
and make your presence known, or formulate your own non-commercial
constituency and submit it to the ICANN and the DNSO for their approval.
But understand that when you do so that it is likely that you will not
be taken seriously as your and DNO.NET is not a non-commercial organization
as you will be viewed with a jaundice eye as will your formation of a
non-commercial constituency as you are going to be viewed as staking
a position that you are not really associated with...

> --
> William X. Walsh william@dso.net
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Fax:(209) 671-7934
>
> The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go
> crying to every time you have something
> to whimper about.
>
> ---
> You are subscribed to dnso.discuss as: [jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
> To unsubscribe, change your list options, or view archives go to:
> http://lists.association.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=dnso.discuss
> This list system donated by Lyris Technologies (http://www.lyris.com/).

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com