Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [IFWP] Re: Modifications to ICIIU Guidelines and NCDNHC definition

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 13:14:37 +0100, Jeff Williams
> <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >William and all,
> >
> >> No one is arguing the "legal validity" of the ICIIU's existance, but
> >> its practical existance and credibility.
> >
> >  Bullhocky!
> >

> >> I could go and incorporate the "Comedian Domain Name Holders Congress"
> >> tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that it has any validity in this
> >> process.
> >
> >  Certainly such a constituency would have validity in this process, as would
> >any constituency that represents a particular group of stakeholders that
> >should so choose to construct a constituency.
> >
> >  I fact I was approached about a week ago now to put together a
> >Adult domain name holders constituency, from some very influential
> >adult oriented sites and entities.  I declined this offer, but did encourage
> >them to put one together as they do represent a significant percentage
> >of Domain names and Internet traffic of interest.
> >

> And it was appropriate for you to decline.  They would never be taken
> seriously having a Pseudonym representing them who would never agree
> to a face to face meeting.

  I have face to face meetings with some of these entities on a fairly regular
basis.  I also have some video conferencing with a few as well.  All over the
internet.  That is part of what the internet is all about William.  I am in
a position to have meetings when *I* choose to have them and *WHEN*
I choose to have them, as well as with *WHOM* I choose to have them with.
Anyone that has a problem with this, can KMA!

  However be that as it may, I was *ASK* to represent them and assist in
constructing a Adult domain name  constituency.  And I declined, because
I do not agree with a constituency based model for the DNSO and will not
engage in divisive practices of that sort in any way, shape or form.

> The point Jeff, is that the mere creation of an organization doesn't
> give you the rights or assumption of validity to represent that group.

  This depends on the group and how and whom decided to formulate it.
The ICANN itself is making this same assumption.  It appears that the
NTIA and the DOC do not seem to have a problem with it.

> Just because he incorporated the ICIIU doesn't give him any validity
> to be a leader in the NCDNHC.  It takes more than a filing fee and
> some fill in the blank forms to make a legitimate organization to
> represent the needs of a section of this stakeholder community.

 This may be true if after the formation there is elections.  But in the
Interim, it may not be so.  Just as the ICANN INterim Board has
been formulated.  I disagree with doing thing in this manner, but it is
done of a fairly regular basis and on a world wide scale frequently.
None the less none of this comment of yours disqualifies Michael
as the leader of the NCDNHC, as he was the first to formulate it,
and therefore is it's "Founding Father", so to speak.  Not only that,
he also has done most of the work and taken most of the ACTION
to get it created.

> --
> William X. Walsh william@dso.net
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Fax:(209) 671-7934
>
> The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go
> crying to every time you have something
> to whimper about.
>
> ---
> You are subscribed to dnso.discuss as: [jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
> To unsubscribe, change your list options, or view archives go to:
> http://lists.association.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=dnso.discuss
> This list system donated by Lyris Technologies (http://www.lyris.com/).

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com