[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed agreement.

fellow registrars...

we are all aware that the DOC-NSI contract negotiations are scheduled
(hopefully...) to end this week.

this new contract will have a major impact on all the registrars and our
related business plans and will also significantly affect  the way we do
business in the future and our relationship with both ICANN and NSI.

to that end, i am proposing that we consider holding a  teleconference with
all the ICANN-accredited registrars to be held shortly after the release of
the contract by DOC-NSI.

I am certain that most of us will have specific questions regarding
elaborations of policies and procedures outlined in the contract.  I also
feel that we need as quickly as possible to determine what  areas of this
new agreement  will most immediately impact our specific businesses and

a teleconference of this nature will also help to provide agenda direction
to the ICANN registrar constituency for our next meeting in los angeles. i
don't believe we can wait until LA to start to develop policies and
positions for future registrar operations.

i would recommend that we include in this meeting Louis Touton and  Joe Sims
as ICANN will have  had significant input into this agreement and must
ratify it as well. they should be able to provide a proper elaboration to
any specific areas where we may feel it is needed.

many of the registrars have been waiting for months to get up and going and
helping to crystallize the impact of the new agreement will lend a more
solid sense of direction to all of us as we move forward to the next phase
of the transition.

how the rest of you feel about this idea ?

Ken Stubbs
e-mail:  kstubbs@corenic.org
ICQ#: 18781607
Tel: 1 352 750-9776