[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed agreement.

This would be incredibly beneficial. I would also like to request that an
additional representative of my firm be allowed to participate so that we
may better formulate our response from a political/legal perspective. If no
one has any problems with this, I will just proceed, otherwise let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@corenic.org>
To: Registrars@dnso.org <Registrars@dnso.org>;
Registrar@registrar.icann.org <Registrar@registrar.icann.org>
Date: Sunday, September 26, 1999 10:50 AM
Subject: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed

>fellow registrars...
>we are all aware that the DOC-NSI contract negotiations are scheduled
>(hopefully...) to end this week.
>this new contract will have a major impact on all the registrars and our
>related business plans and will also significantly affect  the way we do
>business in the future and our relationship with both ICANN and NSI.
>to that end, i am proposing that we consider holding a  teleconference
>all the ICANN-accredited registrars to be held shortly after the release
>the contract by DOC-NSI.
>I am certain that most of us will have specific questions regarding
>elaborations of policies and procedures outlined in the contract.  I also
>feel that we need as quickly as possible to determine what  areas of this
>new agreement  will most immediately impact our specific businesses and
>a teleconference of this nature will also help to provide agenda direction
>to the ICANN registrar constituency for our next meeting in los angeles. i
>don't believe we can wait until LA to start to develop policies and
>positions for future registrar operations.
>i would recommend that we include in this meeting Louis Touton and  Joe
>as ICANN will have  had significant input into this agreement and must
>ratify it as well. they should be able to provide a proper elaboration to
>any specific areas where we may feel it is needed.
>many of the registrars have been waiting for months to get up and going
>helping to crystallize the impact of the new agreement will lend a more
>solid sense of direction to all of us as we move forward to the next phase
>of the transition.
>how the rest of you feel about this idea ?
>Ken Stubbs
>e-mail:  kstubbs@corenic.org
>ICQ#: 18781607
>Tel: 1 352 750-9776