[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed agreement.

thanks for the positive comments here ross.

due to the anticipated size  of the group i would suggest that the
conference be moderated by mike palage (secretariat to the registrar
constituency). if at all possible i would suggest a moderated single
conference. if that isn't practical then we could do it in two moderated
conference using mike to moderate both as he would be a common thread
between the two.

i would see if we could prevail on someone  else who would serve as a "note
taker" who would also sit in in both conferences to provide a common summary
of key items for review by any registrar who could not participate.

best wishes


----- Original Message -----
From: Ross Wm. Rader <ross@ebarn.com>
To: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@corenic.org>; <Registrars@dnso.org>;
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed

> This would be incredibly beneficial. I would also like to request that an
> additional representative of my firm be allowed to participate so that we
> may better formulate our response from a political/legal perspective. If
> one has any problems with this, I will just proceed, otherwise let me
> -RWR
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@corenic.org>
> To: Registrars@dnso.org <Registrars@dnso.org>;
> Registrar@registrar.icann.org <Registrar@registrar.icann.org>
> Date: Sunday, September 26, 1999 10:50 AM
> Subject: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed
> agreement.
> >fellow registrars...
> >
> >we are all aware that the DOC-NSI contract negotiations are scheduled
> >(hopefully...) to end this week.
> >
> >this new contract will have a major impact on all the registrars and our
> >related business plans and will also significantly affect  the way we do
> >business in the future and our relationship with both ICANN and NSI.
> >
> >to that end, i am proposing that we consider holding a  teleconference
> with
> >all the ICANN-accredited registrars to be held shortly after the release
> of
> >the contract by DOC-NSI.
> >
> >I am certain that most of us will have specific questions regarding
> >elaborations of policies and procedures outlined in the contract.  I also
> >feel that we need as quickly as possible to determine what  areas of this
> >new agreement  will most immediately impact our specific businesses and
> >timetables.
> >
> >a teleconference of this nature will also help to provide agenda
> >to the ICANN registrar constituency for our next meeting in los angeles.
> >don't believe we can wait until LA to start to develop policies and
> >positions for future registrar operations.
> >
> >i would recommend that we include in this meeting Louis Touton and  Joe
> Sims
> >as ICANN will have  had significant input into this agreement and must
> >ratify it as well. they should be able to provide a proper elaboration to
> >any specific areas where we may feel it is needed.
> >
> >many of the registrars have been waiting for months to get up and going
> and
> >helping to crystallize the impact of the new agreement will lend a more
> >solid sense of direction to all of us as we move forward to the next
> >of the transition.
> >
> >how the rest of you feel about this idea ?
> >
> >Ken Stubbs
> >e-mail:  kstubbs@corenic.org
> >ICQ#: 18781607
> >Tel: 1 352 750-9776