[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [registrars] request for teleconference - new post-testbed agreement.
I definitely am in favor of having such a teleconference.
It seems that there has been a serious lack of information
flow from ICANN concerning the progress of the testbed.
I support each of your points below.
If I recall correctly, there was supposed to be some form
of "testbed" debriefing where the testbeds all shared their
opinion of how the system works, any potential problems etc.
with ICANN. Did this ever occur? I assumed that those
results would be made public for all the post-testbeds
Ken Stubbs wrote:
> to that end, i am proposing that we consider holding a teleconference with
> all the ICANN-accredited registrars to be held shortly after the release of
> the contract by DOC-NSI.
> I am certain that most of us will have specific questions regarding
> elaborations of policies and procedures outlined in the contract. I also
> feel that we need as quickly as possible to determine what areas of this
> new agreement will most immediately impact our specific businesses and
> a teleconference of this nature will also help to provide agenda direction
> to the ICANN registrar constituency for our next meeting in los angeles. i
> don't believe we can wait until LA to start to develop policies and
> positions for future registrar operations.
> i would recommend that we include in this meeting Louis Touton and Joe Sims
> as ICANN will have had significant input into this agreement and must
> ratify it as well. they should be able to provide a proper elaboration to
> any specific areas where we may feel it is needed.
> many of the registrars have been waiting for months to get up and going and
> helping to crystallize the impact of the new agreement will lend a more
> solid sense of direction to all of us as we move forward to the next phase
> of the transition.
> how the rest of you feel about this idea ?
_/_/_/Director and General Manager
_/_/_/Richard A. S. Lindsay