Re: [registrars] Registrar NC Elections : residence or citizenship

At 11:58 15-09-1999 +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>I don't know whether we are already voting, but you had my motion, and
>BobC second. And now my affirmative vote ;-=
>
>Amadeu

Dear Michael:  Yes, I second it.

The citizenship vs residency was clearly the hair brained notion of
xenophobic bureaucrats in GAC.  Bureaucrats don't live in the real world,
they have never met a payroll, don't have idea one of what business is all
about --- yet these leaches live off the public larder by taxing from the
producers of wealth for their own pet ideas.

Those "producers of wealth" include citizens and residents as well.  A
significant amount of their tax base comes from the taxes on resident
aliens.  Without that marginal income, there would be much less to squander
on pet projects.

Americans living abroad feel rather strongly about this issue.  The U.S. is
the only developed country which taxes its expat citizens.  American living
in Japan pay local taxes on lots of stuff.  If they have children in school
and their company subsidizes tuition for International schools, the
Japanese government taxes those subsidies.  The tuition for a kindergarten
child here exceeds the tuition charged by USC, would you believe?

If we kept a house in the States to return to, and if we rent it out, the
U.S. and Japanese governments would each tax us on the income --- double
taxation.  They tax us on any income from shares, interest, whatever.

What right does GAC have to disenfranchise us in ICANN?

Was that strong enough?  (Don't tell Becky I said it;-}

BobC

Robert F. Connelly
Web-Domains, Division of
Procurement Services International, Inc.
Asahi Sanbancho Plaza #206; 7-1 Sanban-cho
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0075, JAPAN

For registrations of the "Legacy" .com, .org or .net Domains:
http://www.psi-domains.com/

For the yet to be delegated .firm, .shop, .web, .rec, .arts, .info or .nom
Domains:
http://www.web-domains.net/registercore/

Web language support:  English, Japanese and French.  In the near future,
Chinese, Korean, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Tagalog.

"rconnell@psi-japan.com"
Tokyo Access:"+81-3";  FAX:3234-6915; voice:3234-6921
UK Voice/FAX:               +44-171-691-7508.
US Toll Free Voice/FAX:  +1-888-828-4177
U.S. Office:  1-303-277-1137.
FaxSav Stamp:
StD7Zx