Attached is a draft set of Model Rules that are proposed to be used in handling domain name disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy being finalized by ICANN's drafting committee. The Model Rules were prepared by WIPO in conjunction with a number of the competitive registrars, trademark owners and representatives of domain name holders. The formulation of the Model Rules was the result of a considerable amount of cooperation among disparate interest groups. The Model Rules have now been passed to the ICANN drafting committee to use in formalizing a uniform set of administrative rules for resolving disputes under the UDRP. If you have comments on these Model Rules, they should be sent to any of the ICANN drafting committee members (all of whom are cc'd on this mail) for consideration. Jim Bramson America Online, Inc.
- To: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <JIMBRAMSON@aol.com>, <email@example.com>, <McCormickm@attmail.com>, <Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Kstubbs@dninet.net>, <Ross@ebarn.com>, <Fernando@fernando.net>, <email@example.com>, <Ryanmp@gunet.georgetown.edu>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Smentzer@iipa.com>, <MDp@infonetworks.com>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <Slevi@mail5.allegro.net>, <email@example.com>, <Daveg@netsol.com>, <Markm@netsol.com>, <Jcohen@shapirocohen.com>, <Rrodin@skadden.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Model Rules - Revision 2
- From: "Arif Ali" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 15:53:02 +0200
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>Dear Registrars and Participants, As promised, please find herewith a second revision of the Model Rules reflecting the edits discussed during yesterday's teleconference. We, of course, support the initiative to circulate these rules as widely as possible for further comment and look forward to working with Mr. Touton and his colleagues towards their finalization. Yours sincerely, Francis Gurry Assistant Director General and Legal Counsel World Intellectual Property Organization