[registrars]

[registrars] auto deact -vs- auto renew

In Shanghai chuck of VGRS made a proposal for changing the auto renew
policy. This topic was of interest to the registrars on the call last week
about the expiration date displayed in VGRS whois.

Chucks proposal is as follows:

  o auto renew grace period continues, the name may change, but the
    period remains.

  o VGRS deactivates the name if not explicitly renewed or transfered by
    day 10 of the renewal grace period.

  o VGRS deletes the names not explicity renewed or transfered by the end
    of the renewal grace period.

Please comment on this proposal and add any recommendations you may have.
VGRS might me able to make the changes in their June/July software
release. If we can get a paper and respective consensus to VGRS in 30
days it would help the understand if they can make the suggested changes
in their summer release schedule.

best,

-rick