[registrars]

[registrars] Denton resignation from excom: timing?

This raises the question as to when it would be convenient for the executive committee
that I resign. I will do so at the first opportunity when my being on the excom starts to
get in the way of getting its work done. Right now my interest is low, for which I
apologize, but I am getting on with finding new contracts. One seems to have materialized
from this conference :-)

Best wishes to all
Dentoid

I am pleased to continue the webpage work for as long as I am not replaced.

I am in hawaii this week at the PTC (www.ptc.org)

Temperature at honme is minus 22C in high winds.

On Jan 21, "Michael D. Palage" <michael@palage.com> wrote:

> Agenda items from Registrars' Executive Call: Participants Palage, Wesson,
> Stubbs, Evans
>
> 1) Affirmation of IDN Representatives. Edmon from Neteka and Yann from
> Momentus were elected as the Registrar IDN Representative.
>

> 2) Time frame and formalities for selection of Registrar Nomination
> Delegate. Based upon experience of the recently completed IDN Election, all
> future candidates for elected positions will be required to post a
> qualification statement prior to the commencement of voting. The Executive
> Committee will be request that all nominees, Henning Grote, Elliot Noss, and
> Richard Lindsay file a qualification statement by Thursday when there is
> schedule to be a constituency call.
>
> 3) Details of this call will be finalized shortly.
>

> 4) New TLDs Committee. Immediate call for interested registrars to
> participate in the formation of a discussion group to draft a position
> paper. This discussion group will be open to all interested registrars which
> will self select a chair. This discussion group will then conduct outreach
> from all registrar in the draft of a position. This position will then be
> circulated on the registrar mailing list for comment and potential
> modification. Prior to Rio, a final position paper will be voted for
> submission.
>
> It has been proposed that this topic be a subject of conversation for the
> Washington, DC pending the final setting of the agenda.
>
> 5) Addition topics for discussion during Washington Meeting, discussion of
> technology and protocols to mitigate fraud. Will include brief summary of
> FTC discussion with an open mic discussion on registrar experiences.
>
> 6) Transition of Treasurer responsibilities from Bryan on an interim basis
> until new elections. Bryan will submit a formal transition plan next week.
> The Executive Committee would like to extend it formal gratitude for the
> efforts that Bryan has provided to the constituency over the past two year.
>
> 7) It has been proposed that by-laws be added as an additional topic of
> conversation for the DC meeting.
>

> 8) The final location for the Friday, February 21st meeting has not been
> selected. It appears most likely that event will be held in a downtown DC
> location, near the FTC building.
>

> Timothy Denton, BA BCL
tmdenton.com
Telecom and Internet Issues