[registrars]

[registrars] Budget Advisory Group

Hello All:

Listed below is a communication that I received from Stuart Lynn. ICANN is
requesting three representatives from the registrar constituency to
represent its viewpoints in the Budget Task Force. Stuart raises some pros
and cons about keeping the representatives the same while simultaneously
recognizing the benefits of new representatives.

I believe that in recognition of the many new representatives that have
joined the constituency over the past couple of months that an open election
similar to the last process be adopted. Limiting new members from
participating seems inequitable. I believe that an election allows each
candidate to express his strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, I am a little
concerned that our last representative group included only North American
based registrars. I think it is very important that we NOT lose sight of our
diversity requirements when electing a block of people.

Just my thoughts.

Mike