ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

May I suggest a simpler way:

- the whois is suppressed
- it is replaced by the obligation of the registrants to maintain their
"QuiEst" as a formated file where they document their data the way he
wants, according to the laws he is subject to. That file is at the address
http://domain.name/quiest.htm

- any one can challenge the truth of the QuiEst information, get it
recorded and engage in an UDRP like procedure. If the procedure - to be
approved by the national jurisdiction of the registrant - show that the
registrants wanted to be illegally deceptive, the domain name will be
cancelled.

I note that the nslookup gives the mailname of the person to contact.
I note that the spaming results from the lack of a correct mail service
definition by the IETF.
Let addres the problems where they are, not where some find to confuse them
by laziness or greed.

I think this is in line with evey other international agrements cncerning
names, business, products sending, commercial invoices, etc. etc.
jfc