From: Joop Teernstra [mailto:terastra@terabytz.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 7:58 PM
To: Thomas Roessler; George Kirikos
Cc: discuss-list@opensrs.org; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

At 12:57 a.m. 8/01/2003, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>On 2003-01-07 02:15:01 -0800, George Kirikos wrote:
>
> > Folks might not be aware of discussions going on in the WHOIS
> > accuracy task force of the DNSO/GNSO. See:
>
> > http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-whois/Arc00/msg00806.html
>
> > for instance.
>
> > Am I the only one who is concerned that a legitimately held name
> > might be deleted due to a simple failure to respond within 15
> > days?
>
>You're certainly not alone with that concern.  But the 15 day period
>isn't new at all -- it's current policy, RAA 3.7.7.2.

And that illustrates how necessary it is that Individual registrants are
actively represented in the policy making process.
15 Days can easily result in oppression. There must be safeguards.

If targeting "bad guys" is the justification, we are in for a lot more
"summary takedowns".

Such unchecked powers must not be given to commercial registrars.

-joop-