Re: [ga] ITU wants to wiggle into Internet domain name space

Andrew and all assembly members,

  To many small and medium sized IT businesses, ICANN has been
a seemingly never ending nightmare of large and growing proportions.
Although sometime ago the SBA expressed these concerns in some
detail to the DOC/NTIA they fell of seemingly deaf ears.  Hence
to these small and medium sized IT businesses in the US as well
as outside the US in the telecom and IT industry are failing in
ever growing numbers, partly as a result of ICANN's shenanigans
of various sorts.  Hence also why the DNSO GA members already
voted to Rebid the ICANN contracts which spurred the so called
ICANN Reform effort now underway, and terribly skewed, closed
to participation of any meaningful sort, and captured by the same
small group of IP interests which are loosing legal battles in court
regarding some of many of the regulatory issues that most trouble
and impede small and medium sized business.

  Now the ITU has again decided to try to weigh in with it's
various forms of ilk which it once did back in '98-'99, and
was soundly trounced by large numbers of stakeholders/users
on various points...  Given the ITU's financial woes of late,
similar to the ISOC's this sort of trough for the hogs is to
unfortunately to be expected...

  Ergo, the battles/war continues....

McMeikan, Andrew wrote:

> This has got to be a bad thing, I can almost imagine getting a monthly
> domain bill dependent on how many lookups I have had.
>
> Is there anything positive about this?
>
> If ICANN is an experiment gone wrong then maybe it should go back the way it
> was before...
>
>         cya,    Andrew...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801