RE: [ga] ITU wants to wiggle into Internet domain name space

At 4:36 PM +1000 10/22/02, McMeikan, Andrew wrote:
>This has got to be a bad thing, I can almost imagine getting a monthly
>domain bill dependent on how many lookups I have had.
>
>Is there anything positive about this?
>
>If ICANN is an experiment gone wrong then maybe it should go back the way it
>was before...

The chief reason ICANN's gone bad is that it was allowed to be captured and
controlled by certain power mongers right at the beginning (with help from
some core people who are now being justly rewarded).

I mean, if you're going to run an organisation with a TRULY bottom-up
process, you don't install an ex-Navy officer as the CEO. Navy boys ignore
squeals from the ranks and only take orders from ABOVE. That's should have
been a BIG CLUE right from the beginning.

Of course, now they're saying the "bottom-up" failed, but it never got a
look-in.

Time to re-convene the BWG?

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?