RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Thanks Elizabeth, we do recognize the difference at Neustar.  However, we
also recognize that there are certain issues that should be considered
"global policy issues" and for these it is more appropriate to have a global
body, like the ICANN, to provide that forum than to rely on just the local
community.  A few examples of these types of issues include (1) Grace
Periods, (2) Transfers, (3) Escrow, (4) Dispute Resolution Policies, and (5)
Uniform Deletion Periods, etc.

As our contract with the Department of Commerce sets forth, we are required
to look towards ICANN for global policy issues.  It is in the ICANN arena
that we often choose to participate from both a ccTLD and gTLD perspective
because in our opinion some of these issues affect all global users equally.
In this respect, for these issues, gTLDs and ccTLDs are affected in exactly
the same way and therefore, should be treated the same way.  I understand
that there are may ccTLDs that do not believe that there are any global
policy issues.  We do not believe that to be the case.  If

Yes, for most of the other issues, we will look towards our own local
community for input and you are correct, it is that local aspect that makes
.us different than a gTLD like .biz.