Re: [ga] Re: Byfield on GA Reform / comments

Eric, Kent and all assembly members,

  Indeed!  This sort of response from Kent towards Karls well
reasoned post is par for the course, as they say from Kent.
His long standing utter contempt for Karl, a ICANN BOD member,
is something that shows where the ICANN staff really stands
with some BoD members that are not in agreement with them.

  If such a staff member in my company made such a remark
towards a BoD member, he would be seeking employment
elsewhere rather quickly, regardless of his status as a staff member.

  As a so called expert in security, Kent is well known for
believing the PKI is so much garbage.  I have sense found
his so called expertise very questionable at best as a result
of this attitude/opinion of his. I believe many in the security
software industry are in agreement with me here that have
read Kent's rantings on PKI in the past...

 Than again Harold Alverstand has been a PGP bigot or
was at one time (Documented on this very GA list BTW)
and he is the IAB Chair no less!  See: http://www.iab.org/members.html
I think and hope that both Kent and Harald will be attending
the Sans conference here: http://www.sans.org/KansasCity/track1.php
so that they can really learn something...

  Given Kent and Haralds past statements regarding Internet or
cybersecurity makes me wonder and/or be very negatively
concerned as to how up to snuff they really are and if they
have been following any of the following URL's from this link:
http://news.ists.dartmouth.edu/todaysnews.html#internal6767
Unless I miss my guess, they have not...  For instance in a
letter/e-mail from Richard Clark, the presidents cybersecurity
czar I received the following comment:

"Jeff, Thank you for keeping me abreast of your concerns and ideas
concerning Internet security issues concerns.  I share many of them
with you.  I am very concerned that ICANN is up to the task and   "

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> Now this here is exactly what our staff should be writing.
> What an intelligent assinign pig.
> Oh i'm sorry, I forgot this idiot is in charge of security.
>
> What a shame!
>
> kent@songbird.com wrote:
>
> > By all means.  Set up your own mailing list, outside the control of
> > ICANN -- you can hold your votes on it.  Since you claim that the GA is
> > powerless, and also since, according to you, the only thing that matters
> > is power anyway, I don't see why you remain subscribed to the GA list at
> > all -- seems like according to your own standards, it's just a waste of
> > time.  :-)
> >
> > Kent

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801