RE: [ga] Re: Byfield on GA Reform / comments

> The GA does need process - I have long been an advocate of an form of
> Roberts rules modified for electronic contexts - but if the GA needs
> anything, it is not "moderation".  Quite the contrary, it needs to as a
> group make a clear resolution, and vote on that resolution, about what it
> sees as its role.
>
> 		--karl--

But Karl, that's impossible since Thomas abolished voting procedures in the
GA. There is no place left inside ICANN where individuals can vote on
anything.

Also, Thomas's rebuttal to Ted's article fails to take into account that
while the Bylaws were never actually changed to reflect the will of the
General Assembly to elect its own Chair, it was not for want of the trying,
with the GA passing a clear resolution on the issue. See DNSO Vote b03 of
March 2001.
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-chair-election-rules-v0.2.html

Regards,
Joanna