Re: [ga] Re: Byfield on GA Reform / comments

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 05:01:36PM -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
> One can propose a proposition and hold an election.  You don't need
> permission.  It would be interesting indeed to see if the holding of such
> an election were to be censored by the list "moderators".
>
> I suggest the first proposition be something like this:
>
>  We, the assembled GA, declare that we are a fully empowered body;  We
>  assert the right to establish our own agenda and procedures and to elect
>  and recall our own officers.
>
> The second proposition would be to establish a mailing list *outside* of
> the control of ICANN and the DNSO.  ICANN can't object - isn't such
> "outside" organization one of the goals of the ALAC?

By all means.  Set up your own mailing list, outside the control of
ICANN -- you can hold your votes on it.  Since you claim that the GA is
powerless, and also since, according to you, the only thing that matters
is power anyway, I don't see why you remain subscribed to the GA list at
all -- seems like according to your own standards, it's just a waste of
time.  :-)

Kent